Who doesn’t like nachos?! They’re great at parties, game day or ‘just because’! Unfortunately those types of foods aren’t always the healthiest;) I found this delicious recipe online as an alternative to the tasty, sometimes messy delight!
Warning for those of you who aren’t fans of sweet potatoes, you may want to stick to the regular nachos and maybe use regular potatoes. The smell and taste of sweet potato is LOUD in this recipe. But for those of you who love this tasty vegetable which is sometimes ignored, then you will feel as though you found a pot of gold!!! New favorite dish!!!
1 large sweet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzala cheese (I omitted this but feel free to use!)
Pinch of sea salt, to taste (I omitted this but feel free to use!)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Thinly slice sweet potato into 1/8 inch thick rounds. Toss with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
3. Spread potatoes in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake 20 – 23 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and crispy, turning once halfway during baking.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for another 3 – 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt, is desired.
Enjoy!!! You can top with ranch! Homemade ranch dressing recipe is below 🙂
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp mayo
½ tsp garlic powde
½ tsp onion powder
Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek Yogurt, mayo, garlic & onion powder, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!!!