If you’re struggling with a change in your holiday menu. Try this light and fun recipe! It’s great for appetizers or desserts. Have fun with it!! Enjoy :)!!
Spiced Pumpkin Bars
1 cup Pumpkin Purée (canned or fresh)
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed light or dark
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup melted light butter (or you could use coconut oil)
1/4 milk (I used Almond milk, unsweetened)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or in lieu of parchment paper spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In one bowl, mix together all dry ingredients until combined EXCEPT the brown sugar. Set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk the eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin purée together. Add the milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined. *Don’t over mix!!
5. Bake for 25 – 28 minutes or until you are able to insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
6. Once cooled, cut into 12 squares. Bars remain fresh for one week in an airtight container. Enjoy!!!
*Fun Tip: The bars freeze great!! You can freeze for 2 – 3 months. Just thaw overnight in the fridge before eating!