I love Shrimp! EVERY kind. Period. I’m also a fan of pizza and since I’ve tapped into my health and fitness niche, I’ve been modifying a lot of foods that I eat. I recently fell in love with pita bread for other options other than sandwiches. Pita Pizza is your homemade personal pan pizza and it’s an amazing invention! You can still enjoy pizza with all of your favorite toppings but not feel bad for eating a WHOLE pizza pie.
My sister and I had a sister night last night, which we try to do a lot. This night consisted of food, Netlifx and vino! Sounds like the perfect night to me ;). She introduced this recipe to me, two of my favorite foods — shrimp and pizza. My sister actually found this recipe on examiner.com. It was featured in article about 5 years ago centering around National Pizza Day :). We modified the crust of course and used pita bread instead of pizza crust. But feel free to stick to the recipe.
Props to my sister. She did an exellent job making this pizza!!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
13 ounces of pizza dough to make a 16-inch round pizza (you can buy pizza dough, pita bread or make your own, it’s up to you! we used 3 pieces of pita bread to make 3 personal pan pizzas)
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1 full package)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs uncooked, peeled and deveined medium-large shrimp with tails removed
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 lemon, cut in half
4 tbsp butter
Handful fresh parsley, chopped and stems removed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 550 (this is really high! you know your oven the best!).
2. Roll out and stretch pizza dough to make a 16-inch circle. Place dough on pizza pan, large round, flat pan with lots of little holes in the bottom).
3. Evenly scatter cheese over dough.
4. Bake in preheated oven to partially bake crust. Remove from oven.
5. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and garlic, toss.
6. Add dry white wine, chicken stock and juice from lemon into the skillet.
7. Lower heat and add butter, stirring until butter is melted. Shrimp will finish cooking on pizza in the oven).
8. Stir in 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper.
9. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly over pizza crust and place pizza back in oven. Continue cooking until golden brown or about 5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley on top. Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!!!!
*This would go good with a side salad and a glass of white wine! We had a side of broccoli (pictured)!