Who doesn’t love french fries? Who loves the calories associated with french fries? If you answered “Yes!”, to both questions then you came to the right place. My sister and I have been meal prepping together on Sundays and I love it 🙂 More sister bonding time <3. She shared this recipe with me. There’s so many great benefits to cooking at home, one being that you know what is going into your food and another one is that you can modify or omit certain ingredients. You can also use sweet potatoes for this to make yummy sweet potato fries.
Homemade French Fries (Oven-Baked)
1 -3 russet potatoes
½ -1 tbsp olive oil OR coconut oil
Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt (I omitted the salt)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes into halves or thirds, into french fry type slices.
3. Place in zip lock bag and add olive oil, black pepper and sea salt (if you’re using). Shake around. I let the potatoes sit in the bag for about 20 minutes.
4. Spread potatoes onto baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Put potatoes in oven for 15 – 25 minutes (depending on your oven). I turned them halfway through so each side can become crispy. Depending on your crispiness likeness, you can keep them in longer and lower the temp and keep them in for a shorter amount of time and higher the temp. It’s all up to you!
6. Take them out. Let them cool down. Enjoy!!!