Weekends are for recipe experimenting. This weekend I experimented with a French Toast recipe. Not just your regular French Toast but French Toast Strips! Bonus — they’re healthy ;).
Clean Eating French Toast Strips
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 slices clean, whole grain bread
1. Crack egg into large bowl.
2. Add unsweetened almond milk and vanilla extract
3. Mix well with a whisk
4. VERY IMPORTANT! Dip your bread into the mix, very, very quickly. Drop it in, flip it over and take it out again immediately.
5. In a non-stick pan, add a very light coat of olive oil. Add bread and cook until golden brown.
6. Once bread has cooled, cut into strips (about 4 strips per slice) and serve with a bit of honey or raw maple syrup for dipping. Enjoy!!!