Chicken Salad can be tricky sometimes. Everyone makes it differently and adds different ingredients. I recently came across this recipe that doesn’t use mayo at all! I was ecstatic when I discovered it! I recently starting experimenting (much success might I add!) with using plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for many things, but mainly mayo and sour cream. I love it!! I also recently discovered that avocado can be used as a substitute as well for many ingredients. Mayo was #1 on the list again. I figured that this recipe was perfect since it uses two great substitutions! #bestdecisionever
This is all packed and ready for my lunch today and I have a wheat tortilla packed. I already cannot wait until lunch today :)!!!
Avocado and Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad (No Mayo)
1 ripe avocado (skin removed)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cups finely chopped or shredded cooked chicken
1/2 red onion
1 small lime
1. In a medium bowl mash together avocado and Greek yogurt until smooth.
2. Stir in garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add chicken and red onion to avocado and Greek yogurt mix and stir until all ingredients are combined.
4. Squeeze in half the juice from the lime. I used all of the juice from the whole lime but it’s your preference!
5. Serve in a wrap, pita, roll or sliced bread. Enjoy!!!