For those of you that know me well, you know that I am not a fan of Chick-fil-A, I’m sorry, I’m just not!!! I like their fries more than I like their chicken, go figure. But tonight I was introduced to Chick-fil-A in my own kitchen and no I don’t mean I ran to Chick-fil-A and took it home. I mean it was made in my kitchen and I am not ashamed to admit that I actually enjoyed it. Homemade Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches are the best things to have on a chilly Saturday night. This is also a great recipe for those of you that crave Chick-fil-A at the worst time, like on Sundays ;)!!!
4 chicken breasts or chicken tender loins (a small package)
1 cup pickle juice (Dill)
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp msg (sounds brutal and this is optional, I didn’t use it)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Servings: 4, Yield: 4 sandwiches
You can also make nuggets
1. Pound chicken breast until thin enough to your preference (if you didn’t use the chicken breast tenderloins).
2. Place chicken in plastic bag with pickle juice and marinate for an hour (overnight is preferable).
3. Mix up eggs in separate bowl for egg wash.
4. Mix flour and remaining spices in another shallow bowl.
5. Remove chicken from pickle juice marinade and drain well. Dip into egg wash and then into flour mixture.
6. “Fry” chicken however you prefer. I did mine a pan with 1 to 2 tbsp of peanut oil.
7. When chicken is done, dress your bun and add chicken. Enjoy!!!!