Quesadillas for breakfast?! That absolutely CANNOT be true! Oh but in fact, it is.
These are delicious, healthy & quick! After eating these breakfast quesadillas, you will already be dreaming of breakfast for the next day 🙂
Breakfast Quesadillas with Scrambled Eggs, Spinach & Black Beans
2 eggs (feel free to substitute or combine with egg whites)
1 cup spinach, roughly chopped (I used Kale but you can use any kind of greens mix you like!)
¼ cup cooked black beans
1 medium whole grain tortilla
1 tsp olive oil
½ cup shredded cheese (make sure it’s melt-able!), divided
Pinch of sea salt
1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs together, add salt.
2. Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted
(about 1 to 2 minutes). Add black beans to the skillet. Pour in the whisked eggs and cook until eggs are just set. Transfer mixture to bowl to pause the cooking of the eggs (for now).
3. In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat add whole grain tortilla. Flip occasionally. Once the pan
and tortilla are warm, sprinkle one half of tortilla with ¼ cup shredded cheese. Add scrambled
eggs to cheese then add another ¼ cup of cheese to top. Reserve about 1 tbsp of cheese for later use.
4. Press the other half of the tortilla over the topped side. Let the bottom of the quesadilla cook
for 1 minute, then very carefully flip quesadilla with spatula. Immediately sprinkle remaining cheese over the hot side of the quesadilla and let it melt as the other side cooks for a couple of minutes. Use the spatula to flip again, folded. Cook a little longer, if necessary, until golden brown.
5. Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes then cut into triangles.